Dietary Suggestion (what to eat) during Coronavirus Pandemic: for regular people and people tested positive but without any symptoms
Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Make sure your energy and calorie intake. 400 grams of carbs is suggested, and it can be from rice, noodles, pastas, potatoes.
- Daily quality protein intake 200 grams; it can be from lean meat, fish, shrimp, egg, soy, tofu.
- Yogurt can help to form good bacteria in our intestines. It can be a good supplement on top of your diet.
- Use canola oil or grapeseed oil for high heat cooking. These two types of oil have a lot of unsaturated fat and multiple amino acids, which are crucial for our health system. Make sure fat is about 25% ~ 30% of your total nutritional intake.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits everyday. The vitamins C & E in the fruits are important to our liver and immune system.
- Cooked vegetables! Eating raw vegetables or salad might be difficult to digest to a lot people. During winter or flu season it's time to try some minestrone soup, ratatouille, butternut squash soup, grill vegetables, oven baked vegetables, stir-fry mixed veggies, and vegetable curries. Make sure you eat minimum 500 grams of vegetables everyday. Vitamin A & B are important to our immune systems as well!
- Hydration! Drink 8 cups (or 2 liters) of water everyday. You can also incorporate tea and bone broth as liquid intake. Green tea and white tea can help you cleanse your urinary system and detox your body.
- Eat farm raised animal instead of wild caught!
- Make sure fully cook your fish and beef before eating.
- Sleep minimum 8 hours for your body to rejuvenate properly.
- Minimum of 30 minutes exercise everyday. It can be yoga, walking, stretch or circuit workout. Try to stay away from the gym and public places as much as you can; this can effectively reduce the rate of virus transmission.
- Get some sunlight or stay in the room with lots of sunlight can help your body produce vitamin D.